Citylight Church exists to make and grow disciples of Jesus. A disciple is someone who believes in the costly grace of Jesus and now devotes their life to following Him. At Citylight, Discipleship Groups are same-gender groups of 2–4 that meet regularly to connect, read and apply Scripture, and pray for one another. Discipleship groups form organically through relationships forged through the Sunday gatherings or Citygroups.
Below are three options for discipleship groups that can help you get the most out of the time together. Or, just download our Discipleship Groups Packet with all the info.
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up...
1 Thessalonians 5:11 (ESV)
Steps to Form a Discipleship Group
- Find 1–3 other same-gender folks (hint: start with your Citygroup)
- Decide on a plan (one of the three options above)
- Choose time, place, and end date (e.g., 1x/ week or 1x/ every 2 weeks for 3 months)
- Choose a facilitator who will take the initiative on making a plan and pulling it off!
- Not sure who to ask to be in a D-group? Ask your Citygroup leader, or fill out the form below.
Still have questions? Fill out the form below.